We are one month away from our weekend studio class that I will be teaching for CreativeLive. The class will be broadcast out of Seattle June 11th – 13th. If you are unfamiliar with CreativeLive let me give you the bullet points…
• They bring live teaching to you for free. Yes. Free. If you can tune in while the class is going live then you can kick back and watch it for free.
• This is a highly interactive process. People are monitoring the CreativeLive chat room and twitter feed during the class and fielding your questions to the instructor during the class. If you have a question you can ask it. I’ll be scheduling blocks of times during the weekend I’m teaching just to sit down and get through as many questions as I can in addition to the ones that will be fielded during the instruction time. I love the Internets. Don’t you?
• If you are unable to sit through an entire class, series, or the like then you can purchase that class anytime afterwards. The downloads pay for the bandwidth and production to bring it live. It’s a fantastic model for education that really doesn’t have an equal in our industry right now and I’m honored to have been asked to come on board as this thing launches.
• You can “enroll” for a class or just show up on their site the day of the class and watch it. The enroll feature is the best since you’ll get that reminder email before your class goes live.
• For those of you beyond the continental United States who don’t want to wake up at 3am to watch a free class the good folks at CreativeLive have come up with a solution for you. They will replay that day’s class overnight! Are you kidding me? That’s very awesome of them.
Check out some of the videos from Vincent Laforet’s HDDSLR class. Hours upon hours of discussion and teaching over the course of three days and you can download the whole dang thing for $129. I paid $400 to go to one of his workshops here in Atlanta and that was for one day and I can’t play it back. I downloaded this one right away. If you are wondering what the “edited videos coming in X days” means; if you download the video now you are getting the straight RAW feed that was the same as the live course. The edited versions do not cut the content. CreativeLive just goes in and cleans up the video and might make a change in cuts from one camera to another. The edited video has a bit more polish but all of the content as the live feed.
I’m doing a studio class over a weekend in June. It will start with an intro on Friday night and then run through Sunday. The final schedule is still being drafted but what I need right now from all of you is this…
What would you like to see in a studio class?
I’ve got 2.5 days to pack in as much as I can so hit me in the comments of specific or broad topics you want to see happen live. I have a basic outline of things I know I’m going to cover but I want to make sure I’m hitting points you all would like to see.
Lastly, we have six seats to fill with people during the class. We have a little idea for a contest for folks to win a seat to be there. I’ll announce that in a few days. Do remember that this is going down in Seattle. You don’t have to live there but travel will be on your dime.