If your bathroom cabinet is filled with all sorts of lotions and serums that cost a fortune but aren’t quite helping you achieve the results you’re hoping for, it might be time to look into injectables.
This is not to say that anti-ageing skincare products don’t have their place, there’s just only so much that topical products can actually do.
Cosmetic injectables such as wrinkle relaxers no longer have the same stigma attached to them, mostly because everyone from celebs to stay-at-home moms are using them. It’s only natural for lines and wrinkles to appear as you get older but the beauty is that you get to decide how many of them the world gets to see.
There will always be people who frown upon cosmetic treatments such as anti-wrinkle injections but it’s important to do what makes you happy. It’s your appearance and your life, so go ahead and do whatever you need to feel confident and beautiful.
Anti-Wrinkle Injections: 3 Ways You Can Benefit
Wrinkle relaxers are a very impressive product. Not only are they minimally invasive but the effects are subtle but highly effective. If you need some more anti-wrinkle injections details, here are three good reasons why you should add them to your skincare regime.
- Soften existing wrinkles and prevent the formation of new ones
While wrinkle relaxers are effective, it’s not about getting rid of absolutely every small line on your face. Anti-wrinkle injections are designed to soften existing lines and prevent new, deeper lines and grooves from forming. We contract our facial muscles multiple times a day without even thinking about it. Anti-wrinkle injections relax the muscles that are responsible for creating the deepest lines, which smooths out your appearance and prevents the formation of new lines.
- Smooth out your skin
If you’ve always wanted smoother skin that looks youthful and feels great, wrinkle relaxers can help you achieve that, particularly on your forehead. When muscle activity levels are reduced, the skin because more supple. This means that it won’t fold as much, which automatically makes lines and wrinkles less noticeable.
- It’s a versatile treatment
While forehead lines are probably one of the most common concerns that are treated with anti-wrinkle injections, it can be used on a number of other areas too. Here are a few of the other concerns that can be treated with wrinkle relaxers:
- Frown Lines. These lines form in the area between your eyes. Also known as glabella lines, when frown lines are left untreated, they can give you a permanent angry expression that can make you feel self-conscious.
- Crow’s Feet. Also known as character lines or more commonly, smile lines, crow’s feet are one of the most common forms of wrinkles. Wrinkle relaxers are a great way to treat lines on the outside corners of your eyes.
- Uneven Brow Line. It’s not uncommon for the brow to appear asymmetrical with age but wrinkle relaxers can treat this. Basically, anti-wrinkle injections can be used for a minimally-invasive brow lift.
- Bunny Lines. Over time, scrunching your nose can cause lines to form. These horizontal lines form across the ridge of the nose but can be treated using wrinkle relaxers.
- Lip Lines. This particular type of wrinkle is more prominent amongst smokers but they can affect almost anyone. Vertical lip lines can form on the top or bottom lip and are caused by continuous mouth movements.
- Masseter Muscle Reduction. The masseter muscles can be found in the lower half of the jaw. When this muscle is overactive, it can lead to teeth grinding. When teeth grinding becomes a problem, the size of this muscle increases and the jaw can take on a square appearance. Anti-wrinkle injections can be used to reduce the size of this muscle and give the jaw a more oval appearance. It will also prevent severe teeth grinding from occurring in the future.
- Chin Lines. Over time, the muscles in the chin pull upwards, which forms a line between the lip and the chin – it creates an arch of sorts. Using wrinkle relaxers, this muscle can be softened, which reduces the pressure on the chin and prevents a deeper line from forming.
Anti-Wrinkle Injections: Navigating Your First Session
Once you decide to go ahead with wrinkle relaxer treatments, there are a few things you’ll need to keep in mind:
- Take your time to find a reputable cosmetic clinic that works with qualified doctors and experienced injectors who have the necessary training
- Schedule a consultation with a doctor to discuss your needs before you go ahead with injections. Not only will this give you the chance to evaluate whether this is the right fit for you but you will receive instructions on how to prepare for your treatments.
There really is no need to decide on the injections on the same day, rather take some time to think things through.