Quite often installation and start of various applications is impossible because of the lack of d3dcompiler_43.dll. In particular, when you try to run computer games this mistake can interrupt game launch. Below you will find some information on how to fix this issue and get original d3dcompiler_43.dll file on your computer.
As a rule, in order to fix this mistake it is enough to download D3DCompiler_43.dll file from the reputable library. It is very important to make sure this file is not corrupted or modified in any way.
A Brief Information on d3dcompiler_43.dll File
This file is a dynamic link library (DLL). And any DLL comprises a code of certain functions which are performed during installation or operation programs.
D3dcompiler_43.dll is the DirectX component. To be specific Direct3D is necessary for visualization of three-dimensional graphics in some games. If the executable file of the game program can’t find the necessary library, the user will receive the message that the file is missing and a suggestion to download file.
Why Sometimes There Is d3dcompiler_43.dll Error Arisen?
There are three main reasons:
- the library is not being installed on your computer (happens rather rare)
- the file is damaged or blocked by an antivirus;
- the file isn’t recognized by system.
If a game cannot be installed or crashes upon launch and as a result you see the message with prescribed above error, then you should choose among two options:
- download d3dcompiler_43.dll for Windows 7,8,10 x32 x64 and paste it to the right folder (it will take 5 minutes only)
- completely reinstall all DirectX package which includes this library (this way is a little longer)
Now we will consider both of these ways, so below you can find step-by-step guide for both of them.
Option 1 – Download d3dcompiler_43.dll
So, you have downloaded the file from the reputable source, now it is necessary togo further to folder it should be placed in. The destination folder depends on the system version installed on your computer: Windows x32 operating system (32-bit) or Windows x64 64 bit.
To define what OS type you have on your computer, you should right-click on the My Computer icon and choose “Properties” in the appeared menu. There you will see the OS version and other valuable data on your computer.
Then do the following:
- place d3dcompiler_43.dll for Windows x32 (32 bit) in the C:\Windows\System32\ folder
- place d3dcompiler_43.dll for Windows x64 (64 bit systems) in the C:\Windows\SySWOW64\ folder
To make sure the file is placed you can do the both for the x64 as this OS version contains both folders for x32 and x64 systems.
Then you need to register the library in your system. To do this follow the instruction:
- press Win+R on the keyboard
- open the Start menu – press Run, in the appeared window enter cmd, the terminal will be opened and enter the command: regsvr32 d3dcompiler_43.dll.
After that you need to reboot the computer.
Option 2 – Reinstall DirectX
You only to download the Directx from the official Microsoft page and install it – afterwards you can reboot the computer.
All in all, the second option is easier but takes more time. So, it’s up to you which one to choose.